petak, 11. studenoga 2011.

Frank Sinatra - My Way



And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case of which I'm certain

I've lived a live that's full
I travelled each and every highway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption
I planned each chartered course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Yes there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew

But through it all, when there was doubt
I ate it up, and spit it out
I faced it all, and I stood tall
And did it my way

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fill, my share of losing
And now, as tears subside
I find it all so amusing

To think, I did all that, and--may I say
Not in a shy way
"Oh no, oh no not me
I did it my way"

For what is a man? what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels
The record shows, I took the blows
And did it my way

Yes, it was my way

Na svoj nacin

A sad, kad krajnji je čin,
Suočen sa spuštanjem zavese,
Moji prijatelji, reći ću jasno,
Ostaću pri stavu, u to sam siguran.
Živeo sam život ispunjen.
Putovao putevima svakim,
I više, mnogo više od toga, radio na svoj način.
Zažalio jesam, nekoliko puta
Al opet, premalo da pomenem.
Učinio sam onako kako sam morao,
Gledajući na to bez izuzetka.
Planirao sam svaki rizičan potez,
Opreznim koracima, dalje od sporednog puta,
I više, mnogo više od toga, radio na svoj način.
Da bilo je i vreme, siguran sam znate,
Kad zagrizoh više neg’ sažvakat’ mogah,
Al’ i pored svega, kad je bilo sumnje,
Zagrizao jesam al’ progutao nisam.
Suocen sa svim, staj’o sam visoko,
Radeci na svoj nacin.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar